I thought I would make your Christmas shopping a bit easier. Here is an extensive, specific Christmas list. It is in no way all-inclusive (or vice-versa, for that matter), but I thought it would, if anything, get you started on the right track. I’ve been working on it for months.
Oh, and I’ve been very good all year, bla, bla, bla.
1. A Citizen folding bike in yellow. If only I had this bike, I could stop spending thirty-freaking-dollars a week on gas. And it could fit in my trunk, so when I move, I wouldn’t have to install a bike rack to bring it with me. And yeah, it is kind of ugly, but the rest of the folding bikes are ridiculously expensive. I’m thinking of you here.
1 1/2. My So Called Life (the complete series) on DVD. This is probably one of the best television shows in the history of mankind.
1 3/4. A Sephora Blockbuster Pallet. It’s AMAZING. And only $48.
2. Here is the entire (well, almost) list of yarn I would need to complete my ravelry queue, including prices.
- Knit Picks Andean Silk: 8 skeins Mustard for my Cropped Cardi ($34.52 plus tax); 10 skeins Olive for my Somewhat Cowl plus money for pattern download ($48.40 plus tax); 5 skeins Hyacinth for my Green Day ($21.45 plus tax); 17 skeins Navy for my Circular Jacket ($72.93 plus tax); and/or 10 skeins Lettuce for my Maude Louise ($42.90 plus tax).
- Laines Du Nord Softlight: 13 skeins Peas for my A-Shape Jacket ($38.74 plus tax).
- Knit Picks Merino Style: 13 skeins Moss for my Patti Jacket ($32.37+$1.80 for download plus tax); 1 skein Storm for my Midwest Moonlight scarf ($2.99+$16.93 for the book plus tax); 2 skeins Tide Pool and 3 skeins Fog for my Exchequered ($12.45 plus tax); 5 skeins Crocus for my Jacket with Circle Effect ($12.45); 7 skeins Pine for my Dress in Safran ($17.43).
- Knit Picks Swish Superwash: 2 skeins Squirrel Heather for my Fetching gloves ($6.58 plus tax); 8 skeins Lemongrass Heather for my Brittania ($26.32 plus tax); 11 skeins Truffle for my Montparnasse ($36.19 plus tax).
- Knit Picks Cadena: 2 skeins of Neptune for my Amy ($10.58 plus tax); 6 skeins Mahogany for my Provincial Waistcoat ($31. 74 plus tax).
- Knit Picks Palette: 1 skein Ash and 1 skein Yellow for my Endpaper Mitts ($3.98 plus tax); 3 skeins Green for my Haruha scarf ($5.97); 2 skeins Ivy for my Crochet Hat ($3.98); 1 skein each Grass and Green for my Sheldon ($3.98); 1 skein each Bark and Twig for my Mr. Dangly ($3.98); 2 skeins each of Bark, Grass, and Salsa Heather for my Universal Toe-Up Sock ($11.94); 2 skeins each of Brindle Heather, Autumn Heather, Golden Heather, Tidepool Heather, and Merlot Heather and 1 skein each of Ivy, Teal, Salsa Heather, Navy, Verdant Heather, Rainforest Heather, Calypso Heather, Marine Heather, Blue Note Heather, Iris Heather, Clematis Heather, and Garnet Heather for my Babette Blanket ($43.78); 2 skeins Garnet Heather for my Spin me Right Round, Baby ($3.98).
- Knit Picks Shamrock: 2 skeins MacNamara for my Cats Love Sweaters ($4.98 plus tax).
- Knit Picks Alpaca Cloud: 1 skein Autumn Heather for my Branching Out scarf ($4.99 plus tax).
- Knit Picks Bare: 2 skeins Superwash Merino Worsted Weight for my So Called Scarf ($11.98 plus tax); 2 skeins Superwash Merino Worsted Weight for my Drop Stitch scarf ($11.98 plus tax); 1 skein Merino Wool Fingering Weight for my Cat’s Paw scarf ($4.29 plus tax); 9 skeins Peruvian Highland Wool Bulky Weight for my Starsky sweater ($31.41 plus tax); 9 skeins Peruvian Highland Wool Bulky Weight for my Josephine sweater ($31.41 plus tax).
- Knit Picks Shine Sport: 4 skeins Violet for my Ballet T-shirt ($9.96+$19.98 for the book plus tax); 4 skeins Turquoise for my Leaf Shirt ($9.96 plus tax); 9 skeins Crocus for my Razor Cami ($17.91 plus tax).
- Knit Picks Telemark: 13 skeins Lichen for my Tangled Yoke Cardigan ($25.87 plus tax); 14 skeins Lichen for my Ivy sweater ($27.86 plus tax); 4 skeins Flame Heather for my Flappy hat ($7.96 plus tax); 14 skeins Squirrel Heather for my Crochet Jacket ($27.86).
- Knit Picks CotLin: 6 skeins Key Lime for my Cherry Cardigan ($14.58+$5.00 for download plus tax); 9 skeins Key Lime for my Crochet Crop Cardigan ($22.41 plus tax); 1 skein Nightfall for my Stegs ($2.49).
- Knit Picks Elegance: 5 skeins Redwood for my Mrs. Marigold ($21.96+$5.50 for download plus tax); 2 skeins Ash for my Bainbridge scarf ($10.98).
- Knit Picks Risata: 4 skeins Burgundy for my Vintage Vest and Shorts ($17.96 plus tax); 2 skeins Grass for my Climbing Vines scarf ($8.98 plus tax); 3 skeins Burgundy for my Mead scarf ($13.47 plus tax).
- Knit Picks Main Line: 11 skeins Blueberry and 2 skeins Dusty Lavender for my Jacket in 2 threads ($42.77 plus tax).
- Knit Picks Wool of the Andes: 9 skeins Avocado for my Mrs. Darcy Cardigan ($17.91 plus tax); 9 skeins Onyx Heather for my Perfect Sweater ($17.91 plus tax); 3 skeins Stream for my Gretel ($5.97+$4.16 for download plus tax); 21 skeins White for my Lizard Ridge ($41.79 plus tax); 3 skeins Coal for my Yorik ($5.97 plus tax); 16 skeins Avocado for my Belle Epoque ($31.84 plus tax); 4 skeins Claret Heather for my Wavy scarf ($7.96 plus tax); 1 skein each Iris Heather, Dove Heather, White, Onyx Heather, Mist, and Coal for my Very Tall Socks ($11.94 plus tax); 3 skeins Mulled Wine for my Cranium ($5.97 plus tax); 4 skeins Amethyst Heather for my French Market Bag ($7.96 plus tax); 4 skeins Mocha Twist for my Drops Shrug ($7.96); 5 skeins Cranberry for my Tailored Cardigan ($9.95).
- Knit Picks Gloss: 6 skeins Dusk for my Serrano ($23.94 plus tax); 2 skeins Dune Twist for my Harry Bear ($3.98).
- Knit Picks Shine Worsted: 2 skeins Sea Spray and 1 skein Green for my Twiggy Tweed ($5.97 plus tax); 6 skeins Green Apple for my Asana ($14.94 plus tax); 1 skein each Bachelor’s Button and Sunflower for my Nautie ($4.98); 1 skein each Ebony, Cream, and Sunflower for my Pasha ($7.47); 1 skein each Coral and Green Apple for my Norberta ($4.98); 1 skein Cream for my Bunny ($2.49).
- Knit Picks Shadow: 3 skeins Redwood Forest Heather and 2 skeins Campfire Heather for my Leaves and Waves Shawl ($9.95 plus tax).
Wow, that took forever. I hope you appreciate the hours I put into that.
3. Books! After some consideration, I decided to organize these by genre.
- Men of Letters and People of Substance by Roberto De Vicq de Cumptich.
- Hand Job: A Catalog of Type by Michael Perry.
- Transit Maps of the World by Mark Ovenden.
- The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett.
2. Non-fiction; miscellaneous
- The Daring Book for Girls by Andrea J. Buchanan.
- A Lifetime of Secrets: A Postsecret Book by Frank Warren.
- PostSecret: Extraordinary Confessions from Ordinary Lives also by Frank Warren.
- Conversations with Woody Allen: His Films, the Movies, and Moviemaking by Eric Lax.
- The Art of Simple Food: Notes, Lessons, and Recipes from a Delicious Revolution by Alice Waters.
- How to Cook Everything Vegetarian: Simple Meatless Recipes for Great Food (How to Cook Everything) by Mark Bittman.
3. Non-fiction; craft
- Last-Minute Patchwork + Quilted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson and Anna Williams.
- Pine Needle Basketry: From Forest Floor to Finished Project by Judy Mallow.
- Visual Chronicles: The No-Fear Guide to Creating Art Journals, Creative Manifestos and Altered Books by Linda Woods and Karen Dinino.
- How to Make Books: Fold, Cut & Stitch Your Way to a One-of-a-Kind Book by Esther K. Smith.
- Bag Style: 20 Inspirational Handbags, Totes, and Carry-alls to Knit and Crochet (Style series) by Pam Allen and Ann Budd.
- Cross Stitch Antique Style Samplers by Jane Greenoff.
- The Yarn Lover’s Guide to Hand Dyeing: Beautiful Color and Simple Knits by Linda Labelle.
- The Surface Designer’s Handbook: Dyeing, Printing, Painting, and Creating Resists on Fabric by Holly Brackmann.
- Shibori: The Inventive Art of Japanese Shaped Resist Dyeing by Yoshiko Iwamoto Wada, Mary Kellogg Rice, and Jane J. Barton.
- Doodle-Stitching: Fresh & Fun Embroidery for Beginners by Aimee Ray.
- Sublime Stitching: Hundreds of Hip Embroidery Patterns and How-To by Jenny Hart and Alexandra Grablewski.
- The New Crewel: Exquisite Designs in Contemporary Embroidery by Katherine Shaughnessy.
- The Art of Embroidery: Inspirational Stitches, Textures, and Surfaces by Francoise Tellier-Loumagne.
- Knitting New Scarves: 27 Distinctly Modern Designs by Lynne Barr and Tyllie Barbosa.
- Bend-the-Rules Sewing: The Essential Guide to a Whole New Way to Sew by Amy Karol.
- 101 Designer One-Skein Wonders by Judith Durant.
- Knitting Little Luxuries: Beautiful Accessories to Knit by Louisa Harding.
- The Best of Interweave Knits: Our Favorite Designs from the First Ten Years (Interweave) by Pam Allen and Ann Budd.
- Last-Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson and Anna Williams.
- Charmed Knits: Projects for Fans of Harry Potter by Alison Hansel.
- Crazy Aunt Purl’s Drunk, Divorced, and Covered in Cat Hair: The True-Life Misadventures of a 30-Something Who Learned to Knit After He Split by Laurie Perry.
- Elizabeth Zimmermann’s Knitter’s Almanac by Elizabeth Zimmermann.
- Favorite Socks: 25 Timeless Designs from Interweave by Ann Budd and Anne Merrow.
- Vogue Knitting: The Ultimate Knitting Book by Vogue Knitting Magazine Editors.
- Fitted Knits: 25 Designs for the Fashionable Knitter by Stefanie Japel
- Folk Style: Innovative Designs to Knit, Including Sweaters, Hats, Scarves, Gloves and More (Style series) by Mags Kandis.
- Harmony Guide: Cables & Arans: 250 Stitches to Knit (The Harmony Guides) by Erika Knight.
- Harmony Guide: Lace & Eyelets: 250 Stitches to Knit (The Harmony Guides) by Erika Knight.
- Twinkle’s Big City Knits: 31 Chunky-Chic Designs by Wenlan Chia.
- Knitting Lingerie Style: More Than 30 Basic and Lingerie-Inspired Designs by Joan McGowan-Michael and Thayer Allyson Gowdy
- The Best of Vogue Knitting Magazine: 25 Years of Articles, Techniques, and Expert Advice by Vogue Knitting Magazine.
- Domiknitrix: Whip Your Knitting into Shape by Jennifer Stafford.
- Romantic Hand Knits: 26 Flirtatious Designs That Flatter Your Figure by Annie Modesitt.
- Scarf Style: Innovative to Traditional, 31 Inspirational Styles to Knit and Crochet (Style series) by Pam Allen.
- Victorian Lace Today by Jane Sowerby and Alexis Xenakis.
- Lace Style: Traditional to Innovative, 21 Inspired Designs to Knit by Pam Allen and Ann Budd.
- Anticraft: Knitting, Beading and Stitching for the Slightly Sinister by Renee Rigdon and Zabet Stewart.
- Inspired Fair Isle Knits: 20 Creative Designs Inspired by the Elements by Fiona Ellis.
- Masterpieces of Irish Crochet Lace: Techniques, Patterns, Instructions (Dover Needlework Series) by Therese de Dillmont.
- Complete Book of Tatting by Rebecca Jones.
- Contemporary Tatting: New Designs from an Old Art by Judith Connors.
- 101 Needlepoint Stitches and How to Use Them: Fully Illustrated with Photographs and Diagrams (Dover Needlework) by Hope Hanley.
- Acrylic Revolution: New Tricks & Techniques for Working With the World’s Most Versatile Medium by Nancy Reyner.
- Art Stamping Workshop: Create Hand-Carved Stamps for Unique Projects on Paper, Fabric, Polymer Clay and More by Gloria Page.
- Complete Embellishing by Katherine Terry.
- Lotta Jansdotter’s Simple Sewing: Patterns and How-To for 24 Fresh and Easy Projects by Lotta Jansdotter and Meiko Arquillos.
- Amy Butler’s In Stitches: More Than 25 Simple and Stylish Sewing Projects by Amy Butler and Colin McGuire.
- The Whole Craft of Spinning: From the Raw Material to the Finished Yarn by Carol Kroll.
- Art Nouveau Floral Patterns and Stencil Designs in Full Color (Dover Pictorial Archive Series) by M. P. Verneuil.
That’s it for now, Santa. I’ll send you an updated list soon.