1. Pick 10 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them on your blog for everyone to guess.
4. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
5. Looking them up is cheating, please don’t.
Don’t be afraid to guess, even if it is anonymous! Because I know you are out there, you lurkers …
1. A: “There is a war on. How is it you are headed west?
B: “Well, we kinda face to the north and real subtle-like turn left.”
2. “I really want to play a character like the Terminator, you know, because I think the Hispanic people are crying out to see a deadly, destructive, killing machine that they can embrace as their own. You know, that they can relate to…”
3. “Why? Why would I want that? Why would I want bubblegum?”
4. “Come along-ee, Frenchie; um, this-a way-a.”
5. “When you decide to be something, you can be it. That’s what they don’t tell you in the church. When I was your age they would say we can become cops, or criminals. Today, what I’m saying to you is this: when you’re facing a loaded gun, what’s the difference?”
6. A: “You don’t love me!”
B: “Yes I do!”
C: “I love you too, but I’m gonna mace you in the face!”
7. “You made a woman meow?”
8. “This town’s gonna burn!” (that’s kind of tough so I’ll also tell you that the same character says “For a one-leg rancher… he’s one tough son of a bitch.”)
9. “Here come the local pubescent proles. The future plumbers, shop assistants, and doubtless the odd terrorist too. In the old days, we confiscated cigarettes and wank mags. Now it’s knives and crack cocaine. And they call it progress.”
10. “Listen, Coop. Last night was really great. You were incredibly romantic and heroic, no doubt about it. And that’s great. But I’ve thought about it, and my thing is this. Andy is really hot. And don’t get me wrong, you’re cute too, but Andy is like, cut. From marble. He’s gorgeous. He has this beautiful face and this incredible body, and I genuinely don’t care that he’s kinda lame. I don’t even care that he cheats on me. And I like you more than I like Andy, Coop, but I’m 16. And maybe it’ll be a different story when I’m ready to get married, but right now, I am entirely about sex. I just wanna get laid. So that’s where my priorities are right now. Sex. Specifically with Andy and not with you.” (I don’t know why, but this is one of my favorite quotes ever. Just reading it or listening to it or thinking about it makes me laugh maniacally.)