Jenn tagged me to do that sixth picture six album meme, and I’m kind of going to cheat. All of these pictures are the sixth picture in an album, but the album isn’t necessarily the sixth. I just want to show off, basically. You’ve probably seen all of these pictures before, but … I don’t really care. It’s just a nice reminder.
Sheesh, Winston used to be so cute. I mean, he’s still ridiculously cute, but … older. Kittens are just so great. Here he’s in the peak of his pre-teen-dom.
Speaking of pre-teen-dom … Here I am in the narrows, which is a canyon of some sort that’s a very popular destination in Utah. Obviously it’s pretty cool. That shirt was my favorite piece of clothing at the time. No idea where it went. And yeah. I had braces. For four years.
Oh, Scout. I love this dog dearly. I’ve been missing him lately, I’m never at home when he’s awake.
The freeform bra of New Years’ Eve 2008! This was so much fun to make, I don’t know why I haven’t moved on to the second cup yet.
My boss and I were models for that scarf feature from forever ago. It was awkward.
Janeal and I! That girl sure loves a good photobooth session. I remember we were acting out scenes from movies or television or something, but I’m not sure what. Sidenote: Her wedding is so soon! She and I are going bridesmaid dress shopping on Saturday.
Anyway, the real rules are to post your sixth photo from your sixth album and explain it. However, my typical tag recipients all recently did the same thing, but it was fourth and fourth instead of sixth and sixth. So I’m going to wimp out.
I know. It is another meme. But honestly, I’m just going to create another blog specifically to fill my survey craving (seriously, I love talking about myself that much), and then you’ll miss them. You’ll see. Anyway, I got this from my lovely sister Jenn.
1) Copy this list into your blog or journal, including these instructions.
2) Bold all the items you’ve eaten.
3) Cross out any items that you would never consider eating.
4) Optional extra: Post a comment at http://www.verygoodtaste.co.uk linking to your results.
1. Venison Although I have the faint memory of having some strange animal jerky once. It may have been whatever animal venison is made of.
2. Nettle tea
3. Huevos Rancheros (Yeah, I don’t know what that one is either)
4. Steak tartare
6. Black pudding (Gross. Gross!)
7. Cheese Fondue
10. Baba ghanoush (and it’s wonderful on sandwiches)
12. Pho (I don’t know what this one is. But I’m intrigued by the short name.)
13. PB&J sandwich
14. Aloo gobi (Don’t know this one either. But I’ll eat it.)
15. Hot dog from a street cart
16. Epoisses (but just a little bit)
17. Black truffle
18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes
19. Steamed pork buns
20. Pistachio ice cream
21. Heirloom tomatoes
22. Fresh wild berries
23. Foie gras
24. Rice and beans
25. Brawn, or head cheese
26. Raw Scotch Bonnet pepper
27. Dulce de Leche
30. Bagna cauda (I’ve started looking these things up.)
31. Wasabi peas
32. Clam chowder in a sourdough bowl
33. Salted lassi
35. Root beer float
Okay, I’m not interested in food enough to continue. Example: today I ate half of a cinnamon roll, potato wedges, Wheat Thins with Cheez Whiz, and a homemade pizza. But the pizza was only homemade because it was baked in my oven and I sliced tomatoes from the garden to put on top. Today was a pretty gourmet day, comparatively.
Apparently this will be my 101st post. Tomorrow I’m off to Park City for the night with newspaper people, so you get this a whole two hours before Friday.
1. The last meal I had at a restaurant was pizza and salad at The Pizza Factory. Not enough sauce and too much dressing. Wow, I just realized I could literally say that about something I encounter every day of my life.
2. Dealing with advertising/marketing people is something I intensely dislike.
3. The full moon is crazy bright tonight.
4. “Not enough sauce and too much dressing” is one of my favorite local expressions.
5. Sometimes it’s best to admit that you forgot the person’s name.
6. The Dark Knight is the best movie I’ve seen so far this year!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to a fretful sleep, tomorrow my plans include learning newspapery things and Sunday, I want to knit all day long!
1. You know your (dad is) old when you water the lawn without sprinklers. Just standing there. Spot-watering.
2. My heart is divided between excitement that the new semester is starting and fear, for the same reason.
3. Something to tear apart is what I need RIGHT NOW!
4. I have felt the sorrow of whoever wrote this fill-in, I have known the depths of dissatisfaction.
5. Gah, won’t these people please send in their articles on time!
6. Buy me some junk food as soon as you can!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to mourning the outcome of So You Think You Can Dance, tomorrow my plans include building a newspaper and Sunday, I want to make sure my dog Scout doesn’t get lonely.
Gaah, knitting frustration! I have the yarn, I have the needles, I have the patterns – the stars should be aligning but they refuse to! Can I hire a knitting dojo or something? Is dojo even a word?
Edit: Dojo is a room in which judo is practiced or something. I mean a guru or a spiritual adviser of some sort.
1. If I could travel back in time, I’d go to the premiere party of The Big Chill, and I would seduce William Hurt. I actually have a list written down of the first ten things I have to do when I gain access to a time machine. And William Hurt is more important to me than stopping the great potato famine before it starts.
2. Give me something thoughtful and useful or give me nothing at all. Or money. But thoughtless, impersonal gifts that are useless really make me sad.
3. I am listening to “Can’t Buy Me Love” from the album Bach on Abbey Road. Seriously one of the best cd’s I own.
4. Somewhere, someone is thinking ‘why on earth was Mark eliminated before Twitch? Mark is so much better!’
5. I’ll always be dissatisfied.
6. My idea of a good time includes knitting, gossip, music (especially karaoke), intelligent conversation, well-dressed people, roller coasters, and/or thrift store shopping.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to moping around, tomorrow my plans include moping around and maybe a tray of muffins and Sunday, I want to convince my dad that our dog has a tumor on his penis without actually having to say the word “penis” in front of him.
As I write this, it is Thursday night at 8:29 pm. So you think you can Dance is on and Joshua was just chosen over Twitch (what?!). But I’m not going to publish this until I’ve posted some knitting content.
1. I believe whatever doesn’t kill you immediately will just kill you eventually.
2. If you’re good at something, never do it for free. Also, never follow your own advice.
3. Why so little voting for Twitch, America?
4. Something is out there, it’s not going to wait for you, though.
5. If my life were a sitcom, it would be titled Deadlines and Threadlines. Or something else.
6. Sitting on my back porch I see two beautiful corgis, a freaking huge lawn, a pasture across the fence, and a hammock.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to eating until midnight, tomorrow my plans include knitting a few dishcloths, and Sunday, I want to go out on the town!
From here. I promise more knitting/crafting/something-other-than-memes-and-videos content soon.
1. If I could be a fly on the wall I would probably win a Pulitzer or something. And I’d be a writer for Rolling Stone.
2. Jealousy is really entertaining to watch, and really terrible to feel.
3. When I see a shooting star my wish would be that I wasn’t hallucinating. Because I have never once in my entire life seen a shooting star.
4. I’d rather be surrounded by chaos than bored any day!
5. Certain songs when I hear them make me wanna dance, drive faster, or play Solitare.
6. If time were in a bottle I’d probably win a Pulitzer or something.